*THIS CALL FOR PROJECTS IS NOW CLOSED*
The Forum RIDM is proud to announce the 10th edition of its First Pitch!
In order to reaffirm its support for the new generation of Quebec documentary filmmakers, the Forum RIDM offers training and networking activities as part of its First Pitch.
The event allows 10 emerging Quebec directors (3 years or less of experience) to meet 10 established producers from the Quebec documentary industry.
The First Pitch will take place in two phases:
1. A preparatory workshop for directors to deepen their skills in the art of pitching thanks to training given by renowned producer Mila Aung-Thwin of EyeSteelFilm.
2. A 1:1 pitching session where participants can present their projects to 10 Quebec producers.
The confirmed production companies and producers for 2020 are :
Bunbury Films | Frédéric Bohbot & Andréane Laurin
MC2 | Jean-Simon Chartier
Couture Production | Isabelle Couture
Picbois Productions | Karine Dubois
Intuitive Pictures | Ina Fichman
EyeSteelFilm | Bob Moore
Tortuga Films | Adam Pajot Gendron
Catbird Productions | Katarina Soukup
Argus Films | Carmen Garcia
Colonelle Films | Sarah Mannering
Deadline to apply: August 12 to September 2, 2020
Preparatory Workshop #1: September 23, 2020
First Pitch: September 29 and 30, 2020
*Dates may change slightly depending on the health situation in September 2020.
- Train directors in pitching
- Encourage the creation of new collaborations
- Have directors benefit from critical feedback on their projects and pitching
- Foster exchanges and good practices
- Establish links between members of the documentary community and enable integration into the professional world
Who can apply?
- Have between 0 and 3 years (maximum) of experience as a director.
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and be based in Quebec.
- Desire to receive pitch training
- Have a documentary project at the development stage (accepted formats: single documentary, series, multimedia)
Documents to be provided?
Complete the form with the following details:
- Cover letter (max. 1 page)
- Project description (max. 4 pages, including: visual approach / sound approach / director's intention / film description)
- Links to a demo of the project, a portfolio or any website that will allow the jury to evaluate the application.
A fee of $20.00 + taxes applies for the registration of those who will be selected.
- For those without a producer or looking for a senior producer.
- Only one person per project at all sessions.
- Submission in English or French.
- Projects in development only, no finished projects: our candidates meet producers and not broadcasters.
- No more than 4 pages of description, even for series including a short synopsis.
- One project only per application.
We encourage all emerging Quebec filmmakers to submit their applications by September 2, 2020.
Premier Pitch is presented in collaboration with ARRQ - l'ARRQ - Association des Réalisateurs et Réalisatrices du Québec.
No critical feedback will be given to unsuccessful applicants.
For all questions please write to firstname.lastname@example.org