A well-known retired actor, Amir Orian, founded an experimental theatre company called The Room Theater in the living room of his home in Tel Aviv. He teaches dramatic arts. In this comfortable setting, everyone’s nerves are frayed, especially when Israel attacks Gaza and Amir cannot keep his opinions – opposing Israeli policy – to himself. Tensions rise and undermine the group’s work. In this film, alternating between animated discussions, on-stage performances and one-on- one sessions with the old man, Guy Davidi (Five Broken Cameras, RIDM 2012) captures, with empathy and depth, the political controversy gnawing at Israel. The teacher makes his case, the students dig in their heels, and yet art allows everyone to confront the eternal war together.
- Country : Israel, Norway
- Year : 2016
- V.O : Hebrew
- Subtitles : English
- Duration : 77 MIN
- Cinematography : Guy Davidi
- Editing : Yoav Gershon, Ruben Korenfeld, Guy Davidi
- Production : Anna Somershaf, Guy Davidi, Kristian Mosvold
- Music : Noa Kornberg
- Sound Design : Jørgen Bergsund, Rikard Strømsodd
Five Broken cameras (2012) Israel - Palestine - France.
• Oscar 2013 Nomination – Best Documentary.
• International Emmy Award Winner – Best Documentary 2013.
• Jury Prize and Audience award winners, IDFA Film Festival 2012.
• Best Director Award Winner, Sundance Film Festival 2012.
• Won more than 30 awards in festivals and commercially distributed in cinemas around the world.
Interrupted Streams (2010) Israel- Switzerland.
• David's Silver Camera Award - Warsaw Jewish Film Festival.
• Premiered at the Jerusalem Film Festival
• Participated in Cinemambiente Film Festival (Italy) and film festivals around the world.
Keywords (2010) Israel (short)
• Premiered at the Haifa Film Festival, 2010
• Participated in the Sole Luna Festival (Italy) and film festivals around the world.
Women Defying Borders (2009) Israel - Palestine - Italy (short)
• Best Documentary - Montecatini Film Festival (Italy)
• Participated in the Mecal Film Festival (Spain) and film festivals around the world.
A Gift from Heaven (2008) Israel (short)
• Premiered at the Workers' Film Festival in Haifa Participated in Curtocircuito Film Festival (Spain) and film festivals around the world.
In Working Progress (2006) Israel – Switzerland (mid-length)
• Premiered at the Lussas Film Festival (France).
• Participated in GZDocs (China) and dozens of film festivals around the world.
Presented in same section
by Tatiana Huezo
by Patric Chiha
by Matteo Zoppis
by Pierre-François Sauter
by Robert Greene
by Tadhg O'Sullivan
by Shengze Zhu
by Alexander Kuznetsov
by Philip Scheffner
by Eduardo Williams