In Taste of Cement, filmmaker Ziad Kalthoum looks into the living conditions of Syrian construction workers who have fled to Lebanon. In conjunction with this major film, several experts will join the discussion about issues surrounding exile today.
The discussion will follow the screening of the film Taste of Cement on November 10 at 8:00pm and will be held in French and English. An interpreter will be present.
- Basma Al-Sharif (director of Ouroboros)
- Emily Regan Wills (Ottawa University, School of Political Studies)
- Mylène de Repentigny-Corbeil (UQAM, Chaire Raoul Dandurand)
- Selin Murat (Co-founder of Parabola Films, RIDM programmer)
- Youssef Shoufan, moderator (photographer, filmmaker, writter, co-founder of La maison de la Syrie et founder of the collective Syrian Eyes of the World)
- Ziad Kalthoum (Taste of Cement) will join the discussion trough a video recording.
Presented in same section
For several months, Guillaume Sylvestre had unprecedented access to the workers at Quebec’s youth protection agency, the Direction de la protection...
Starting from the inspiring testimonials recorded in France by Amandine Gay for her film Ouvrir La Voix, this discussion focuses on life as a black...
Hosted by Matthieu Dugal, La soirée de la relève ICI RDI is a festive event focused on short films by up-and-coming filmmakers. An award will be...